Specific meetings can focus on any of the following aspects of the management of ART:
- Innovations in First-line ART for Diverse Patients
- State-of-the-Art Switch Strategies in Virologically Suppressed Patients
- Optimizing HIV Outcomes in Challenging Scenarios
- Cutting-Edge Concepts in HIV Care
- Expanding PrEP Uptake: Barriers and Solutions
The timing and agenda for each individual meeting is as follows:
- Welcome, CME information, and baseline outcomes questions (10 mins)
- Case 1 discussion followed by didactic slides (10-15 mins)
- Case 2 discussion followed by didactic slides (10-15 mins)
- Case 3 discussion followed by didactic slides (10-15 mins)
- Question and answer session, concluding outcomes questions (15-20 mins)
The goal of this activity is to improve learners’ competence in implementing optimal HIV treatment and prevention strategies through the appropriate use of contemporary ARV regimens.
This program is intended for physicians, registered nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, and other healthcare professionals who provide care for patients with HIV infection.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify barriers to PrEP uptake
- Employ practical strategies to increase PrEP use in recommended populations
Joint Accreditation Statement
In support of improving patient care, Clinical Care Options, LLC (CCO) is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Physician Continuing Medical Education
Designation of Credit
CCO designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nursing Continuing Education
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1.0 contact hour.
Continuing Pharmacy Education
CCO designates this continuing education activity for 1.0 contact hour (0.1 CEUs) of the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education. Universal Activity Number - JA4008176-0000-22-274-L02-P.
Type of Activity: Application
Upon successfully completing the activity evaluation form, transcript information will be sent to the NABP CPE Monitor Service within 60 days.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
Clinical Care Options, LLC (CCO) requires instructors, planners, managers, and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose all financial conflicts of interest (COI) they may have with ineligible companies. All relevant COI are thoroughly vetted and mitigated according to CCO policy. CCO is committed to providing its learners with high-quality CME/CE activities and related materials that promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of an ineligible company.