Specific meetings can focus on any of the following aspects of the management of ART:
- Optimizing Use of Current ART Regimens
- Emerging Paradigms in ART
- Integrating New Data From CROI 2019
- Integrating New Data From IAS 2019
- Integrating New Data From IDWeek/EACS 2019
The timing and agenda for each individual meeting is as follows:
- Welcome, CME information, and baseline outcomes questions (10 mins)
- Case 1 discussion followed by didactic slides (10-15 mins)
- Case 2 discussion followed by didactic slides (10-15 mins)
- Case 3 discussion followed by didactic slides (10-15 mins)
- Question and answer session, concluding outcomes questions (15-20 mins)
Babafemi Taiwo, MBBS
Gene Stollerman Professor of Medicine
Chief, Division of Infectious Diseases
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Cecilia Hardacker, NP
Howard Brown Medical Center
The goal of this activity is to improve participants’ competence in providing optimal care for HIV-infected patients through the appropriate use of contemporary ARV regimens.
This program is intended for physicians, registered nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, and other healthcare professionals who provide care for HIV-infected patients.
- Appropriately counsel patients regarding data from clinical trials evaluating the use of antiretroviral agents to prevent HIV infection
- Incorporate the results of recent clinical studies when utilizing antiretroviral agents for individualized management of HIV infection
- Provide insightful counsel to patients and colleagues regarding studies of investigational antiretroviral agents and strategies in advanced stages of development
Joint Accreditation Statement
In support of improving patient care, Clinical Care Options, LLC (CCO) is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Designation of Credit
Physician Continuing Education
CCO designates this live activity or enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Pharmacist Continuing Education
CCO designates this continuing education activity for 1.0 contact hour (0.10 CEUs) of the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education. Universal Activity Number - JA4008176-0000-19-005-L02-P
Type of Activity: Application
Nursing Continuing Education
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1.0 contact hour.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
Clinical Care Options, LLC (CCO) requires instructors, planners, managers, and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any real or apparent conflict of interest (COI) they may have as related to the content of this activity. All identified COI are thoroughly vetted and resolved according to CCO policy. CCO is committed to providing its learners with high-quality CME/CE activities and related materials that promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of a commercial interest.