- Program Overview (5 mins)
- Summary of key studies (25 mins)
- Question and Answer Session (15 mins)
Date / Time
Barbara Rath, MD, PhD, HDR
Co-founder & Chair
The Vienna Vaccine Safety Initiative
Université de Bourgogne Franche-Comté, France
The University of Nottingham School of Medicine
WHO Collaborating Centre on Pandemic Influenza and Research
The goal of this activity is to improve learners’ competence in translating the most clinically significant data from an important scientific meeting into practical management strategies for persons with or at risk of COVID-19.
This program is intended for physicians, pharmacists, and other healthcare providers who care for patients with or at risk for COVID-19.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Interpret findings of studies on screening and diagnostics for SARS-CoV-2 and SARS-CoV-2 antibodies
- Evaluate data from studies of vaccine and prevention strategies for SARS-CoV-2 infection
- Evaluate the impact of safety and efficacy data from recent clinical studies of evolving therapeutics for SARS-CoV-2 in ongoing treatment of patients with COVID-19
- Manage adverse events observed in patients under treatment for COVID-19 to ensure improved clinical outcomes and quality of life
Joint Accreditation Statement
In support of improving patient care, Clinical Care Options, LLC (CCO) is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Physician Continuing Medical Education
Designation of Credit
CCO designates this live activity for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Pharmacy Education
CCO designates this continuing education activity for 0.75 contact hours (0.075 CEUs) of the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education. Universal Activity Number - JA4008176-0000-20-101-L01-P
Type of Activity: Knowledge
Upon successfully completing the activity evaluation form, transcript information will be sent to the NABP CPE Monitor Service within 60 days.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
Clinical Care Options, LLC (CCO) requires instructors, planners, managers, and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any relevant conflict of interest (COI) they may have as related to the content of this activity. All identified COI are thoroughly vetted and resolved according to CCO policy. CCO is committed to providing its learners with high-quality CME/CE activities and related materials that promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of a commercial interest.