- Welcome and Introduction
- Selection and Sequencing of Targeted Therapy for HR+/HER2- Early-Stage Breast Cancer - Sara Hurvitz, MD, FACP
- Selection and Sequencing of Targeted Therapy for HR+/HER2- Advanced and Metastatic Breast Cancer - Sara Hurvitz, MD, FACP
- Managing Adverse Events & Strategies for Promoting Adherence - Jamie Carroll, APRN, CNP, MSN
- Question and Answer Session
Jamie Carroll, APRN, CNP, MSN
Sara Hurvitz, MD, FACP
Professor of Medicine
Director, Breast Oncology Program
Division of Hematology-Oncology
Department of Medicine
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Los Angeles, California
The goal of this program is to improve the knowledge, confidence, and competence of learners in selecting individualized treatments for patients with HR+ HER2- BC.
This program is intended for community medical oncologists, nurses, pharmacists, and other HCPs who treat and manage patients with HR+/HER2- breast cancer.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Address gaps in patient-provider knowledge and perceptions about targeted oral therapies for HR+/HER2- EBC and ABC
- Foster collaborative discussions between patients/caregivers and providers on guidelines and recent clinical evidence to guide personalized treatment planning for HR+/HER2- EBC and ABC
- Recognize and manage adverse events associated with CDK4/6 and PI3K inhibitors as well as novel SERD therapies
- Implement resources to engage patients in shared decision making about approved and investigational treatment options for HR+/HER2- EBC and ABC
Joint Accreditation Statement
In support of improving patient care, Clinical Care Options, LLC (CCO) is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Physician Continuing Medical Education
Designation of Credit
CCO designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nursing Continuing Education
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1.0 contact hour.
Continuing Pharmacy Education
CCO designates this continuing education activity for 1.0 contact hour (0.1 CEUs) of the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education. Universal Activity Number - JA4008176-0000-22-155-L01-P
Type of Activity: Application
Upon successfully completing the activity evaluation form, transcript information will be sent to the NABP CPE Monitor Service within 60 days.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
Clinical Care Options, LLC (CCO) requires instructors, planners, managers, and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose all financial conflicts of interest (COI) they may have with ineligible companies. All relevant COI are thoroughly vetted and mitigated according to CCO policy. CCO is committed to providing its learners with high-quality CME/CE activities and related materials that promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of an ineligible company.