The goal of this activity is to educate physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals about hemophilia A without inhibitors.
The live and online activities are intended for physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and other healthcare providers who care for patients with Hemophilia A.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the available safety and efficacy data on PK monitoring for patients with hemophilia A who are prescribed factor VIII products and the impact on dose, bleeding event rate, and clinical outcomes
- Assess use of population PK and comparative PK to tailor hemophilia prophylaxis when switching factor products
- Develop individualized prophylaxis management plans for special populations with hemophilia A without inhibitors
- Educate the multidisciplinary team about available resources for estimating individual PK using a population PK approach
- Personalize FVIII prophylactic therapy and counsel patients on strategies to optimally mitigate arthropathy and bone density loss in patients with hemophilia A without inhibitors
Joint Accreditation Statement
In support of improving patient care, Clinical Care Options, LLC (CCO) is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Physician Continuing Education
CCO designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nursing Continuing Education
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1.5 contact hours.
Pharmacist Continuing Education
CCO designates this continuing education activity for 1.5 contact hour (0.15 CEUs) of the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education.
Universal Activity Number#: JA4008176-0000-20-025-L01-P
Type of Activity: Application
Upon successfully completing the activity evaluation form, transcript information will be sent to the NABP CPE Monitor Service within 60 days.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
Clinical Care Options, LLC (CCO) requires instructors, planners, managers, and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any relevant conflict of interest (COI) they may have as related to the content of this activity. All identified COI are thoroughly vetted and resolved according to CCO policy. CCO is committed to providing its learners with high-quality CME/CE activities and related materials that promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of a commercial interest.