7:00 – 7:10 PM Welcome and Introduction
7:10 – 7:30 PM Improving Clinical Outcomes With Factor Replacement Therapy – Justin Arnall, PharmD
7:30 – 7:50 PM Optimizing Nonfactor Therapy for Hemophilia A & Managing Comorbidities in Patients With Hemophilia as They Age – Kayla Douglas, PharmD
7:50 – 8:00 PM Discussion and Audience Question and Answer Session
Date / Time
Justin Arnall, PharmD, BCOP
The goal of this activity is to educate pharmacists and managed care professionals about advances in the use of novel curative and noncurative therapeutic options for patients with hemophilia A.
This program is intended for pharmacists, managed care professionals, and other healthcare professionals who care for patients with hemophilia.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Implement individualized hemophilia A prophylaxis strategies that optimize adherence, outcomes, and utilization of resources
- Identify patients who are likely to benefit from nonfactor replacement therapy
- Mitigate complications and barriers to adherence in patients receiving factor replacement therapy
- Apply recent safety and efficacy data for both factor replacement and nonfactor prophylaxis in hemophilia A to clinical practice
- Manage comorbidities in patients receiving prophylaxis for hemophilia A
- Develop a plan to educate the multidisciplinary team, patients, and caregivers on the characteristics, dosing, and administration of novel prophylaxis strategies
Joint Accreditation Statement
In support of improving patient care, Clinical Care Options, LLC (CCO) is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Continuing Pharmacy Education
Designation of Credit
CCO designates this continuing education activity for 1.0 contact hour (0.1 CEUs) of the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education. Universal Activity Number -JA4008176-0000-22-081-L01-P
Type of Activity: Application
Upon successfully completing the activity evaluation form, transcript information will be sent to the NABP CPE Monitor Service within 60 days.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
Clinical Care Options, LLC (CCO) requires instructors, planners, managers, and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose all financial conflicts of interest (COI) they may have with ineligible companies. All relevant COI are thoroughly vetted and mitigated according to CCO policy. CCO is committed to providing its learners with high-quality CME/CE activities and related materials that promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of an ineligible company.