- Welcome and Introduction (5 min)
- Case Discussion: Systemic Therapy Options for HER2-Positive EBC (25 min)
- Case Discussion: Evolving Therapeutic Strategies for HER2-Positive MBC (25 min)
- New Therapeutic Strategies on the Horizon for HER2-Positive Breast Cancer (25 min)
- Summary, Final Thoughts, and Audience Question and Answer Session (10 min)
Date / Time
Neelima Denduluri, MD, FASCO
Clinical Assistant Professor
Virginia Cancer Specialists
Co-Director, Virginia Cancer Specialists Research Program
Associate Chair, US Oncology Breast Cancer Research Committee
Lee Schwartzberg, MD, FACP
West Cancer Center and Research Institute
Professor of Medicine
University of Tennessee
Health Science Center
The goal of this activity is to improve the knowledge, competence, and performance of learners to integrate HER2-targeted agents into the treatment of patients with breast cancer.
This program is intended for physicians and other healthcare providers who care for patients with breast cancer.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Plan optimal adjuvant and/or extended adjuvant treatment strategies for patients with HER2-positive early-stage breast cancer
- Integrate recent advances and available clinical data to optimally sequence HER2-targeted agents in the treatment of HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer
- Apply the latest clinical evidence on HER2-targeted agents to treat patients with HER2 low expressing tumors
- Plan effective therapy for patients with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer and CNS metastases
- Evaluate emerging research, the mechanisms of action, and the role of novel HER2-targeted therapies in clinical investigation for patients with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer
Joint Accreditation Statement
In support of improving patient care, Clinical Care Options, LLC (CCO) is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Physician Continuing Medical Education
CCO designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
Clinical Care Options, LLC (CCO) requires instructors, planners, managers, and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any relevant conflict of interest (COI) they may have as related to the content of this activity. All identified COI are thoroughly vetted and resolved according to CCO policy. CCO is committed to providing its learners with high-quality CME/CE activities and related materials that promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of a commercial interest.