7:00 PM Program Overview
7:05 PM Case Discussion: Challenges and Opportunities Using Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor Therapy in the Clinical Management of SCLC
7:30 PM Case Discussion: Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor Combinations as First-line Therapy for Metastatic NSCLC
8:00 PM Exploring the Next Frontier for Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Combinations in NSCLC
8:30 PM Clinical Pearls for Optimal Application of Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors in the Clinic
8:45 PM Closing Remarks and Question and Answer Session
Date / Time
Howard West, MD
Associate Clinical Professor
City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center
Hossein Borghaei, MS, DO
The Gloria and Edmund M. Dunn Chair in Thoracic Oncology
Department of Hematology and Oncology
Fox Chase Cancer Center
Stephen Liu, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine
Department of Medical Oncology
Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center
The goal of this activity is to improve participants’ knowledge of, confidence in, and competence in integrating immune checkpoint inhibitor combinations into the initial treatment of patients with extensive-stage SCLC and advanced NSCLC.
This program is intended for physicians and other healthcare providers who care for patients with lung cancer.
- Describe the role of combination approaches to optimize checkpoint inhibitor efficacy and reduce treatment resistance in patients with lung cancer
- Plan treatment strategies for patients with extensive-stage SCLC that include immune checkpoint inhibitor combinations
- Plan first-line treatment strategies for patients with advanced NSCLC that include immune checkpoint inhibitor combinations
- Evaluate the available clinical data on biomarkers of response to immune checkpoint inhibitor combinations in lung cancer
- Manage immune-related adverse events in patients with advanced NSCLC receiving checkpoint inhibitor therapy
- Incorporate investigational checkpoint inhibitors and clinical trial participation as part of clinical care strategies for NSCLC and SCLC
Joint Accreditation Statement
In support of improving patient care, Clinical Care Options, LLC (CCO) is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Designation of Credit
Physician Continuing Education
CCO designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
Clinical Care Options, LLC (CCO) requires instructors, planners, managers, and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any real or apparent conflict of interest (COI) they may have as related to the content of this activity. All identified COI are thoroughly vetted and resolved according to CCO policy. CCO is committed to providing its learners with high-quality CME/CE activities and related materials that promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of a commercial interest.