Date / Time
The goal of this program is to improve the knowledge and competence of learners to test for NTRK gene fusion and integrate TRK inhibitors into the treatment of patients with cancer.
This educational program is intended for physicians and other healthcare providers who treat patients with cancer.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the biology of and rationale for targeting cancers containing NTRK fusions
- Identify patients with cancer who should be tested for NTRK fusions with established and emerging biomarker assays
- Implement TRK inhibitor therapy for appropriate patients with cancer
- Develop treatment strategies for patients who develop acquired resistance to first-generation TRK inhibitor therapy
- Refer adult and pediatric patients to ongoing late-phase clinical trials of TRK inhibitors
Joint Accreditation Statement
In support of improving patient care, Clinical Care Options, LLC (CCO) is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Physician Continuing Medical Education
CCO designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
Clinical Care Options, LLC (CCO) requires instructors, planners, managers, and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose all financial conflicts of interest (COI) they may have with ineligible companies. All relevant COI are thoroughly vetted and mitigated according to CCO policy. CCO is committed to providing its learners with high-quality CME/CE activities and related materials that promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of an ineligible company.