- Welcome and Introduction
- Advances in the Management of Localized HER2-Positive Breast Cancer
- Treatment Selection in HER2-Postive MBC
- Treatment of HER2-Positive Brain Metastases
- Audience Question and Answer Session
Date / Time
Aditya Bardia, MD, MPH
Assistant Professor, Medicine
Harvard Medical School
Attending Physician, Medical Oncology
Massachusetts General Hospital
Claudine Isaacs, MD
Professor of Medicine and Oncology
Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center
The goal of this activity is to improve the knowledge, confidence, competence, and performance of learners in selecting individualized treatment for patients with HER2-positive breast cancer.
This program is intended for physicians, nurses, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals who care for patients with HER2-positive breast cancer.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Integrate recent advances and available clinical data to optimally sequence HER2-targeted agents in the treatment of HER2-positive breast cancer from early stage through multiple lines of treatment for MBC
- Discuss with patients the relative value of different adjuvant and extended adjuvant approaches with sensitivity for the patient’s preferences and risk of progression
- Plan effective therapy for patients with HER2-positive MBC with or without CNS metastases incorporating existing and emerging targeted treatments
- Describe the mechanism of action, efficacy results, and toxicity profile of the most newly approved and promising investigational HER2-targeting agents
- Assess ongoing clinical research studies evaluating novel agents and treatment strategies under development for HER2-positive breast cancer
Joint Accreditation Statement
In support of improving patient care, Clinical Care Options, LLC (CCO) is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Physician Continuing Medical Education
CCO designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nursing Continuing Education
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1.0 contact hour.
Continuing Pharmacy Education
CCO designates this continuing education activity for 1.0 contact hour (0.1 CEUs) of the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education. UAN: JA4008176-0000-21-248-L01-P
Type of Activity: Application
Upon successfully completing the activity evaluation form, transcript information will be sent to the NABP CPE Monitor Service within 60 days.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
Clinical Care Options, LLC (CCO) requires instructors, planners, managers, and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose all financial conflicts of interest (COI) they may have with ineligible companies. All relevant COI are thoroughly vetted and mitigated according to CCO policy. CCO is committed to providing its learners with high-quality CME/CE activities and related materials that promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of an ineligible company.