- Case-based Strategies for Treating HER2-Positive MBC Beyond Frontline Therapy
- Integrating Current Approved Therapies Into Practice
- Managing Tumors With Low HER2 Expression
- Future Treatments for HER2-Positive MBC
Date / Time
Sara Hurvitz, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine
Director, Breast Oncology Program
Division of Hematology-Oncology
Department of Medicine
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Los Angeles, California
Sara Tolaney, MD, MPH
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Harvard Medical School
Susan F. Smith Center for Women's Cancer
Director of Clinical Trials, Breast Oncology
Director of Breast Immunotherapy Clinical Research
Breast Oncology Program
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
The goal of this program is to improve the knowledge and competence of learners in new therapeutics options along with selection of individualized treatments for patients with HER2-positive breast cancer.
This program is intended for physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and other healthcare providers who care for patients with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Integrate recent advances and available clinical data to optimally sequence HER2-targeted agents in the treatment of HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer
- Plan effective therapy for patients with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer and CNS metastases
- Consider ongoing clinical trial enrollment or treatment with HER2-targeted agents for patients with HER2 low expressing tumors
- Evaluate emerging research, the mechanisms of action, and the role of novel HER2-targeted therapies in clinical investigation for patients with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer
Joint Accreditation Statement
In support of improving patient care, Clinical Care Options, LLC (CCO) is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Physician Continuing Medical Education
CCO designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nursing Continuing Education
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1.0 contact hours.
Continuing Pharmacy Education
CCO designates this continuing education activity for 1.0 contact hour (0.1 CEUs) of the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education. Universal Activity Number - JA4008176-0000-20-069-L01-P
Type of Activity: Knowledge
Upon successfully completing the activity evaluation form, transcript information will be sent to the NABP CPE Monitor Service within 60 days.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
Clinical Care Options, LLC (CCO) requires instructors, planners, managers, and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any relevant conflict of interest (COI) they may have as related to the content of this activity. All identified COI are thoroughly vetted and resolved according to CCO policy. CCO is committed to providing its learners with high-quality CME/CE activities and related materials that promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of a commercial interest.